Without air filters, polluted air may enter the automobile's engine when power is generated through the repeated cycle of intake, compression, combustion and exhaust. This will lead to insufficient combustion and power, and also shorten engine life, due to damages by foreign particles.
Air Filter works to remove impurities contained in the air such as dust and foreign particles to supply clean air to the engine.
Features & Benefits
- High airflow rate improves performance and fuel economy.
- Superior dust holding capacity increases filter life.
- Maximum efficiency reduces engine wear.
- Easy installation with a factory quality fit
- Prevents abrasive particulate matter from entering the engine reducing engine wear
- Replacing a clogged air filter can improve engine performance
DENSO recommends replacement interval to be every 10,000km, with periodic cleaning at every 5,000km.
However, do also refer to instruction manual and maintenance records of the vehicle for more accurate details as the right replacement interval may vary depending on models.
Just like household air conditioners and vacuums, air filter element absorbs a lot of dust and other foreign objects.
The filter media (element) gets dark and clogging occurs after use for long term.
Clogging will reduce air passing through the filter.
This will cause imperfect combustion in the combustion process.
In imperfect combustion state, engine performance such as accelerating force and fuel efficiency are impaired and harmful gas emissions increased.
With the increase in harmful gas emission, the environment will be adversely affected.